How To Link NIN To MTN: There has been an overwhelming influx of customers visiting MTN locations across various states in Nigeria lately. A large number of MTN users have recently received text messages requesting them to visit an MTN store to link their MTN line with their NIN, which is partially to blame for this development. Threats of blocking call and data services on consumers’ cell numbers for noncompliance with the directive accompany the instruction.
How to link min to MTN: Some of the consumers we spoke with expressed frustration because they had previously linked their NIN and did not understand why they needed to return to the MTN office to complete the process again. We attempted to investigate the procedure, and our test findings indicate that the linkage can be completed online; however, your line needs to have been partially validated.
Here, we’ll walk you through the process of determining whether your MTN number is linked, determining whether you qualify to link your MTN line to your NIN online, and completing the online linkage process.
How to check if your MTN number is linked to your NIN
- Use the instructions below to find out if your line is connected to your NIN or not:
- Go to the MTN check-in website at https://nin.mtn.ng/nin/status.
- After that, you’ll have to input your MTN line numbers.
- You will receive an OTP after entering the number; please be sure to enter it accurately in the designated space.
- You will then receive a confirmation of the NIN linking status of your MTN line.
- If the system confirms that your number is registered, you’ll see something similar to what’s seen below.
However, if your MTN line and NIN aren’t connected, you’ll get the following response:
After completing the OTP and number entry steps, you will be prompted with three different verification paths if you are qualified for a potential online link. If you did not receive these three prompts, please read on. You can also link your MTN number to your NIN by using the information we will offer.
To link your number to your NIN using the first option, you will need to create a virtual NIN. The following fields will appear and must be filled out. Once you fill them out and your information is verified, your line should be linked.
How to use USSD to link your NIN to your MTN line
If your NIN connection status is negative and you do not receive the three option prompts, this option can still be useful to you. To join an MTN line to an NIN without having to go to an MTN office, one can just perform the following:
- Put your NIN on a clipboard copy.
- Then Dial *996# on your MTN
- You’ll be given a prompt similar to the following:
When you choose option one, the following prompt will appear:
Insert your 11-digit NIN number now after you chose 2. Check this image👇
Following that, you ought to see the following pop-up:
Following that, you’ll get a few SMS messages verifying that your NIN and MTN lines have been successfully linked. The following forms should be used for the messages:
And that’s it! You don’t need to go to an MTN store to join your MTN line to your NIN in this way.
Final thoughts on Part1
You might need to go to a nearby MTN physical store or office to complete the process if none of the previously mentioned solutions work for you while linking your MTN line to your NIN.
Link Your NIN to Your SIM Card Now: Important Guide for Nigerians
How to link min to MTN: For Nigerian citizens and legal residents, the National Identity Number (NIN) is an important identifier. A unique number known as the NIN, which is issued by the National Identity Management Commission (NIMC), connects a person to their biometric information and personal records stored in the National Identity Database. Assuring accurate consolidation of all personal details, it functions as a dependable instrument for identity verification and validation.
Lately, all Nigerians have been required by the Nigerian Communication Commission (NCC) to connect their NIN to their SIM cards. Service termination from network providers may occur if noncompliance is maintained.
Major network providers like MTN, Glo, Airtel, and 9mobile are covered by this directive.
- NCC Mandate: Nigerians must link NIN to SIMs.
- Major Networks: MTN, Glo, Airtel, 9mobile involved.
- What is NIN? Unique identity number for Nigerians.
- NIN Uses: Verifies identity in National Database.
- Linking via App: Use the NIMC Mobile ID App for linking.
- VNIN Creation: Dial *996*3# for Virtual NIN.
- Direct Linking: Dial *996*Your NIN# to link.
- Verification: NIN subject to NIMC verification
Easy Steps to Link Your NIN to Your Mobile Number
It is really simple to link your mobile number to your NIN. Here’s how to go about it:
The NIMC Mobile ID App in Use
Get the app here: Get the NIMC Mobile ID App by going to the company’s official website.
- Sign in: Enter your security PIN when you launch the app.
- Go to “My Devices”: On your dashboard, this choice is located in the lower right corner.
- Add Cell Phone Number: Choose “Add Cell Phone Number” and type the number you wish to connect.
- Put the OTP in here: A Time Password (OTP) will be sent to the mobile number you provided. Enter this OTP to validate.
- Link Multiple Numbers: This program allows you to link up to seven different cell phone numbers.
Linking NIN to MTN, Glo, Airtel, or 9mobile
It is necessary to create a Virtual National Identification Number (VNIN) to facilitate a safe linking process. By avoiding cloning or duplication, this virtual version of your NIN offers improved protection.
Enter *996*3# on your phone to create a VNIN. Select Virtual NIN Option 3, then adhere to the instructions.
Enter your Enterprise ID and 11-digit NIN to input your NIN. Alternatively, enter your 11-digit NIN*Enterprise ID# and dial *346*3*. VIEW The MTN, GLO, Airtel, 9mobile, and Other Enterprise IDs.
Connect Your Phone Number: Lastly, dial *996# from the phone number you want to connect, then adhere to the instructions. Recall that NIMC will verify the NIN you submit once more.
Why Does It Matter?
Connecting your NIN to your phone number is a step toward improving your security and identity protection, not just a compliance concern. It supports the government in developing a strong and thorough national identification system, which is essential for the growth of the nation.
To keep using mobile network services in Nigeria, you must link your NIN to your phone number. The procedure is simple to follow and can be finished quickly. To prevent any trouble, make sure your cell number and NIN are connected. Recall that it is your responsibility to protect your identity.
Recall that your greatest value is your individuality. Connect your NIN now to safeguard it.