IFAD Agrihub Project: This initiative aims to create a network of youth-focused agribusiness hubs in Nigeria to fulfill IFAD’s objective of empowering African youth. The goal of these transformational hubs is to combine agricultural production and processing at two levels: first, by providing young people on the job track (i.e., 70% of trainees) with skill sets, and second, by supporting and empowering young entrepreneurs (30% of trainees). There’s Registration Link at the end of this article 👇
Moreover, Integrated Agribusiness Hubs provide services beyond training, mentoring, and capacity building. The modernizing agricultural technologies are tested and refined by the pilot firms, who then showcase them to the broader agricultural community in a way that facilitates the growth of advisory services surrounding them.
As the number and sophistication of Agribusiness Hubs increase, they create networks that benefit both parties, particularly in the areas of policy lobbying, market information, digital agriculture, and technology transfer. The Hubs draw in new products and financial services, acting as magnets for commercialization.
- Candidates must be citizens of Nigeria and between the ages of 18 and 29 at the time of application.
- Youth should have a strong interest in agriculture, particularly aquaculture, heliculture, horticulture, and mushroom and poultry production.
- Candidates must be prepared to dedicate two months to this course of study.
- The applicant must not have a job at the time of application.
- Candidates need to have a working cell phone at their disposal.
- We especially encourage female candidates to apply!
To indicate your interest in taking part in the IFAD Agrihub project training, kindly fill out and submit the application form below.